I mentioned briefly in a previous post, San Diego Surprise, that I have been very lucky to go on a lot of trips and consider myself a “professional packer” (though I think my dad would disagree haha).
I have been home from my own college spring break trip to San Diego for about a month and my mom has invited me to go to Vegas with my family for a long weekend! I’m usually not quite this spoiled but I’m not going to complain either!
For this post I have created a basic packing list that you can use that is like the one I use for all of my trips! It’s great because I keep a plain version saved on my lap top and I just have to go and edit a few things depending on where the trip is and what the weather is going to be like while I am there.
- Tops -days there
- Pants -one or two depending on whether its going to be chilly the whole trip
- Tennis shoes -for hiking or days with a lot of walking. I recommend a couple if it is a Disney trip or camping
- Skirt or dress -it’s always a good idea to bring one to use as a cover up and another if you plan on eating out at a nice place. Add some cute heels if that is the case.
- Hat -whether its a floppy sun hat or a baseball cap, having one handy in case of a bad hair day
- Hair brush
- Hair accessories -bobby pins, pony tails
- Body wash
- Keratin Hair Treatment – dying my hair from dark to light did some damage so I have this to treat it
- Face wash/Scrub
- Curling iron
- Flat iron
- Hair ties
- Pain killers
- Hand sanitizer
- Nail clippers
- Small scissors
- Feminine products
Growing up I have yet to go somewhere that is pretty cold because my family usually travels during the winter because we cannot stand the cold weather (Mom and me especially). This resulted in places that were hot and humid which I hate wearing a lot of make up in, plus who wears a lot to the beach or pool any way. So hears what make up I usually bring on trips.
- Moisturizer/Primer with SPF
- Foundation -for fancy dinners out or if my blemishes need a little coverage
- Water proof mascara
- Neutral eye shadows
- Water proof eyeliner
- Setting powder
- Eyebrow pencil -my eyebrows are one of my things that even on a “no make up kind of day I have to do to fill in the lighter areas
- Some kind of lip
- Concealer kit -this includes my yellow, and green concealer to cancel out my blemishes or dark under eye.
- Make up remover
- Portable charger
- Laptop/charger (cause even on vacation you have homework in college!)
- Camera (polaroid camera)
- A book (or two) to read
- Wallet (cash/card)
- Boarding passes
Now i’m off to Vegas for the weekend!